jason3kgt
jason3kgt, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I am a residential HVAC technician with 7 years experience in troubleshooting/installation/repair/maintenance/sales.

my amtrol boilermate WH41L is producing no hot water and is

Customer Question

my amtrol boilermate WH41L is producing no hot water and is flashing er 3. What should I do to get hot water?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  jason3kgt replied 2 years ago.

jason3kgt :

hi, my name is Jason and I will be assisting you today.

jason3kgt :

The er3 error means that your water has been heated for more than an hour without reaching the set temperature.

jason3kgt :

You may need a new aquastat, In this instance I would call upon a professional to service the unit.

jason3kgt :

I will provide you with a link to the service manual for your unit.

jason3kgt :

that is the link to the manual page 26 has error code explanations and 27 has troubleshooting for future refernce. er3 is not listed under troubleshooting however.

jason3kgt :

If you need any more assistance please feel free to ask.

Customer :

Hi Jason,

Customer :

Hi Jason.

Customer :

hi jason, you got the same answer I did from the on-line manual and the one that that came with the WH41l -- the damn manual does not list any trouble shooting for that error message. The company is obviously at fault.

Customer :

Hi Jason, you got the same answer I did from the on-line manual and the paper manual that came with the unit, which is no help at all. This is not your fault.

Customer :

Hi Jason, You got the same on-line manual I did which is no help at all -- it is the same one that came in paper form with the unit. It just says that you have no hot water. I called the company this morning and they apologized.

Customer :

Hi Jason, you went to the on-line manual which is the same one that comes in paper with the unit and it's no good on the er3 message -- it tells you what you already know. The company apologized for this this morning. They are going to make a video showing what to do. The answer is to go backwards on the hot water feed to the boilermate until you find a zone valve and put it on manual override to try to clear any dirt, etc out of it. I am doing that now. I stayed up until about midnight and when I had not heard anything, I went to bed. What seems fair to you for your time? John

jason3kgt :

I called today while at work and recieved the same answer from the company lol! Looks like you beat me to it. Well, since you came to the answer yourself before I could help it is entirely up to you.