Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Hey, I have an Ideal combi boiler and until about half an hour

Customer Question

Hey, I have an Ideal combi boiler and until about half an hour ago it was working fine. Went to run a bath and half way through noticed the water was stone cold. Checked the boiler which had L9 flashing, read instraction which told me to reset which I did, now flashing H9. Read instruction again which said look at pressure valve. It is reading below 1 but not at 0. I dont know what I should do and have no technical knowledge about boilers. Any help would be great, Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 years ago.

Phil :

All work to be done by licensed professional. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION YOU NEED, I come and go. This is step ONE.

Phil :

You can get the manual here

Phil :

http://www.idealheating.com/downloads/manuals/203321_inst.pdf

Phil :

so far its not downloading for me, but it may download on your end.

Phil :

if the water pressure is much below 1 bar you will have to follow the pressurizing instructions to repressurize the central heat side... or call in an engineer to do that for you.

Phil :

If the CH pressure is too low, it will prevent the domestic hot water from working also.

Phil :

Phil :

look that link over, meantime I will see if i can get it to download on this end

Phil :

Phil

JACUSTOMER-3o6u7eug- :

I had found that manual on the net earlier but cant make head nor tail of what I am supposed to do in order to fix it. I have no knowledge about boilers. Im afraid that in order for you to help me you have to give me an 'idiots' guide to sorting it out if it is possible for me to do it, Thanks.

Phil :

Hello again, in this case it is a job for a boiler service engineer. Cost will be a bit over 150 pounds most likely.

Phil :

meantime you can try running another hot tap when you shower, sometimes flow through the shower head is not enough to trip the flow switch in the boiler allowing the burner to come on.

Phil :

Phil

JACUSTOMER-3o6u7eug- :

thanks for trying to help.