Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

We have a lenox furnace with a Lenox 33J6201 board. It flames

We have a lenox furnace with a Lenox 33J6201 board. It flames up when heat is called for , but immediately the flame shuts down. The led was flashing twice when I first looked at it, indicating the flame sensor didn't see flame. What could be wrong?

Mark Henley :

Hi, that usually means that the flame sensor needs to be cleaned, you can find the sensor at the last burner in th flame path I'll post a pic of a typical one and the typical location of it, take a piece of steel wool or light sand paper and clean the metal part of it , then recycle the furnace. thanks Mark

Mark Henley :

Full Size Image

Mark Henley :

Full Size Image

Mark Henley :

on the bottom photo of the furnace on the left I wrote in where the flame sensor is typically located, thanks Mark

Customer:

Your solution worked, thank you very much!