hvac-technician
hvac-technician, HVAC Technician
Experience:  technician on heat and air conditioning systems.

Goodman furnace just blows cold air

Goodman furnace just blows cold air
Category: HVAC
Expert:  hvac-technician replied 2 years ago.

hvac-technician :

Hello my name is Dustin.

hvac-technician :

Do you see any lights flashing on the circuit board?

Customer:

where is the circuit board?

Customer:

Are you there?

hvac-technician :

the circuit board is located near the blower motor. there may be a window on the door so you can see the lights without cutting the power off to the furnace.

Customer:

don't see any lights _ where does the filter go on this furnace?

hvac-technician :

it should either have an external filter rack by the furnace or the filter may be in the blower compartment which is behind the bottom door where the circuit board is.

Customer:

ok yes I found it behind the bottom door and it was right up against the blower motor and is terribly dirty. Could this be the problem?

hvac-technician :

If the main limit switch is tripped due to overheating you may be able to get it to reset with the blower running to cool it back down so it will close and the furnace should try to light again.

hvac-technician :

If you dont't have a filter you can do it without one, just get one as soon as possible

Customer:

so I should close it all back up without a filter and then turn the fan switch to ON and just wait?

hvac-technician :

yes close it up and turn the heat on and see what comes on and let me know. Also if you press the door switch in with the heat on you may see some lights flashing on that board a little better.

Customer:

just held door switch in, turned fan and heat on and saw the DS1 red light blinking

hvac-technician :

how many times is it blinking before it pauses and starts over

Customer:

6

Customer:

Six times

hvac-technician :

ok let me look at that

Customer:

Open rollout _ what does that mean?

hvac-technician :

the rollout limits are located near the burners and are the size of a dime with a small red reset button on the back with two wires attached. you can try to reset them by pressing the button on the back

hvac-technician :

Full Size Image

Customer:

having trouble finding this _ I don't know anYthing about furnaces, where are the burners/

hvac-technician :

Full Size Image

Customer:

thanks _ it's going now!

hvac-technician :

your welcome

hvac-technician :

have a good day

hvac-technician :

If this answer helps hit the accept button as this is the only way an expert gets paid. Thanks

hvac-technician, HVAC Technician
Experience: technician on heat and air conditioning systems.