Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We have a Desa 584 Proflame Plus unit (LMFP 33 & LDL3) units,

We have a Desa 584 Proflame Plus unit (LMFP 33 & LDL3) units, which we have had for several years. The the transmitter was dropped, and since that time we can not remotly turn on the unit. I have accessed the web information on the transmitter and have gone through the recommended troubleshooting procedures. I have; replaced the batteries in both uints, I have gone throught the re-setting procedures for the transmitter. The transmitter seems to be working, in that the unit is lite when turned on, it indicated it is transmitting, however their is no audable beep, during the movement thru the settings. The reciever, does beep when the battery is removed for the requested 15sec to reset and is replaced. Additonally, when the reciever slector switch is placed on manual the system ignites. Thanks for the help.

Rickheatdoc :

Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to help you solve your problem

Rickheatdoc :

Your description would indicate to me that the remote has failed. Just because the LED lights up doesn't mean it's actually transmitting