M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Universally Certified HVACR Technician

My HOneywell themostat CT2700A1019 has ceased to function after

Customer Question

My HOneywell themostat CT2700A1019 has ceased to function after several years of service -- there is no display. Does it have a battery that needs to be replaced? If so, how? If not, is there a replacement thermostat (same or other model) that I can replace it with without needing the change the plate on the wall or the wiring to it?

Thank you. Barry. Email: [email protected]
Category: HVAC
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 4 years ago.
Use a knife to pry open the thermostat cover and check to see if it uses batteries. If it does, change them out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried a knife earlier and as indicated it does not want to come off easily, only one edge opens up. As said, I am worried about breaking it. Hence my question as to whether there is a battery in that model -- no need to risk breaking it if there is no battery anyway.
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 4 years ago.
Some use batteries and some do not. But the cover definitely comes off. Make sure there is not a screw at the bottom that is holding it. If there is no screw, apply force and take it off.