M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Universally Certified HVACR Technician

Goodman package unit PGB024075-1. Furnace wont fire up. Red

Goodman package unit PGB024075-1. Furnace wont fire up. Red light flahes 2 times. I do not have the manual and the diagnostic codes are not on the inside of cover. Where do I start troubleshooting.
The 2 flash led code is pressure switch fails to close. On a call for heat, do the inducer fan motor come on? The inducer fan motor is located inside the furnace cabinet and connected to the flue vent pipes. It has a rubber hose attached to it that connects to a round pressure switch. Let me know if it is coming on or not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not coming on. Just a couple "clicks".
That sounds like the problem. The inducer fan motor sounds like it has gone bad. Use a volt meter to check to see if it is receiving 120 volts on a call for heat. If it is, and not coming on, then it is bad, if it is not receiving 120 volts, then the control board is bad.

Please hit ACCEPT. Thanks! Bonuses are greatly appreciated!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will have to get multimeter back from neighbor. Get back w u tomorrow.
ok Let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Volt meter showed fan motor should come on. Took it off and dirt gobber mud nest in fan blades! Cleaned it out and everything works. I had ckecked the flue and was clear. Couldn't see this until fan was removed. Thanks for sending me straight to the problem.