Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds Plumbing and Heating Engineer

ferroli boiler not working

Customer Question

ferroli boiler not working
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - I will try and sort your problem in the shortest possible time. A03 is overheat. Can you confirm that the system is full of water and the pump is spinning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I check that it is full of water? There is no noise coming from it so I doubt it is ',spinning' how do I check this also?
What is the pressure gauge reading?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Reading just above 1.5
Can you take the plug out of the centre of the pump and see if the internals are spinning when you reset the boiler?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am really sorry but I am looking at a white metal front. I am not sure what you mean as I cannot even see the pump! All I have is this white metal box with 2 little displays at the bottom left front and underneath there is 6 pipes going into the box and the little gauge. ? Sorry for being a bit thick. I think I need to un screw white metal front to get it off?

Usually 2 screws on the top corners and then lifts off
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Once I do that (remove the 2 screws from the bottom and take of the front cover) I will then see the pump with a plug in the centre that I can remove? How do i reset the boiler?

Use a screwdriver to take the plug out, the boiler should reset when you press and hold the main power button.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I will try that today. I am sorry if my questions seem so fragmented but I have no internet at home so I am having to get your answers from work, go home and investigate and then come back to work to reply ....!! This creates a very long winded way of doing things!

I also have to work!!

I do appreciate your help and I will get a screw driver and go do as you suggest. (A knife would not work yesterday)

That's fine - just come back if you need me
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Andrew - thanks for your help. I removed the front cover and I could not see any parts you mentioned. There was another smaller metal sealed box and underneathe that the 2 digital displays and a small motor of some sort which I could not see how to remove.

I will get the engineer out..... The thing is less than 3 months old!!!

Ah well worse thiings happen I suppose than having a cold shower!!

thank you for your efforts in trying to help me.

Good idea. If it is only that old it will be covered my the manufacturer's warranty and also the engineers guarantee for the whole of the year.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I seem to have been misled? I was not able to fix the probelm with the advice you gave yet I seemed to have been charged?

I did not accept any answer and I have had to call out an engineer? It seems misleading that I have had to pay for a service where I am still in the same situation i was in when I started and am having to resolve the problem myself???

You get charged whether anyone answers or not. It stays in their pot unless you get a question answered or ask for a refund. It is their way of doing things. If you ask for a refund it is usually done immediately.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, although Andrew was very helpful I was not able to resolve the problem with the answers he gave me.

I had to get an engineer out to come and look at the problem. What he ended up doing to resolve it was a lot more in detail than what answers I was getting on this website. If I could have a refund I would be grateful.

That has come to me again. You should try the main webpage and click on "contact"