gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

My vaillant boiler is not working: water fine, but no heating

Customer Question

My vaillant boiler is not working: water fine, but no heating even though in theory the system is on. The pressure was down, so have fixed, but still not coming on. Have pressed the re-set button and turned it on and off. When I first pressed the re-set button the orange light did briefly come on and it sounded as if something was happening. Then is stopped and still no heating. Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - I will try and sort your problem in the shortest possible time. Can you confirm the model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a Vantage 120/150/200
That's the name on the cylinder. Is there a model on the boiler itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All I can find is Thermocompact.
Can you confirm what the system pressure is set at now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Around 1.5
Any flashing lights or fault codes on the display?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing flashing. I get d 0 when I press the + and I buttons simultaneously.
press them again and go back to the status menu and then press I only and let me know what it is saying
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says 15
What does your room thermostat say? Is it wireless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The thermostat is set at 21.
Is it wireless? Is the flame symbol on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No idea about the thermostat. The flame symbol (assuming this is the orange light) is off.
No, on the room thermostat - is there a flame symbol when you turn the temperature up. It could be a thermostat problem rather than a boiler problem. Do you have a make and model?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The thermastat light is on. More likely to be connected with the earlier pressure problem.