Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

my edenpure 1000xl will not heat up.

my edenpure 1000xl will not heat up. All the lights come on except for the one above the "temp up" button
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! I have one of these myself and most likely the "bulbs" or heating elements inside have burned out. I called EdenPure and ordered new ones and disassembled and replaced them myself. You can tell if one has gone out by "ohming" across each element and you should get a reading of so many ohms, not infinite.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I dont think they are burned out they look good but the glass tube that one of them was in was broken. I took it out. I'll try ohming them out tomorrow. If there bad i'll accept your answer. just because one is broken would that cause the others not to work I tried a jumper wire in its place. with no results
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
It would not get hot enough to bring the fan on if one was burned out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know that but none of them are heating up not one. would it be the themostat causing them to not come on at all, if so where is it i cant finde it to see if its broken
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
You will have to check for voltage at the heaters first. If you have voltage, but they are not coming on, replace the heaters. If no voltage, then yes, either the thermostat control or something in the wiring.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have voltage across all elements even the one with the broken glass ohmed out good i still would like to know where the thermostat is that might be the problem seeing how the light above the temp up button dosnt come on that light use to only come on when it was cold enough if i remember right.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
I believe on that model it is part of the control.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so in order to fix the heater i need to replace that electronic controll board is that what your saying?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. These heaters are fairly simple. There is a fan, some heating elements, a control, and a fan switch.