BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I am working on a 80% comfortmaker gas furnace - the inducer

I am working on a 80% comfortmaker gas furnace - the inducer motor only will jolt for a quick second and the I read a low pressure fault because the motor is not moving air - I ran 115 directly to the motor and it runs fine - the power for the motor comes off the board and then runs through a honywell smart valve an then to the inducer motor - I have 115 out of the board but not coming through the valve - before I raplace the valve I want to know if maybe there is some safety feature keeping the valve from passing current or maybe even a weak relay on the board dropping out under load - I have experience working with gas but not alot dealing with these types of valves /model-n8mpn075b12a1
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

If W terminal for thermostat wire has 24v constant and the inducer faults while 24v is present it is the gas valve.

Some of these had a bad connection inside the valve that when you flexed it the inducer would run.