BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Greetings..... I have a Lennox G12D2E-82-6 Furnace. It seems

Customer Question

Greetings..... I have a Lennox G12D2E-82-6 Furnace. It seems that no spark is being produced when my thermostat calls for heat. I used to hear the click click and the furnace would light up. The furnace has power (fan comes on), and it appears thermostat is working. Any way I can check the sparking unit (sx242NBO) to see if it has power, etc?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 years ago.

airheatman :

I will try to assist you

JACUSTOMER-2rrzlbbn- :

Are you still there?

JACUSTOMER-2rrzlbbn- :

Didn't see anything posted?

JACUSTOMER-2rrzlbbn- :

?

airheatman :

Do you see any spark at all

JACUSTOMER-2rrzlbbn- :

no spark at all... I was able to manually light the piolet (even though it says not to). But this won't solve the issue. No spark means it won't light once the furnace shuts off (temp comes up). What I need is a manual for the sx242nbo so I can figure out how to check the signal, etc. I do have a volt meter.

airheatman :

I will see what I can find

airheatman :

Have you tried cleaning the ignitor with steel wool or sanpaper

JACUSTOMER-2rrzlbbn- :

No, would that cause it to not spark? I would think I would still hear the spark?

airheatman :

You are right, I misread ,though it was clicking,I see that was previous

airheatman :

I do not think you can check it with a volt meter

airheatman :

Have you checked hose to pressure switch.Remove and blow through ,clean fittings with paper clip

JACUSTOMER-2rrzlbbn- :

Not sure what that is. I'm assuming when the thermostat calls for heat,it initiates and electrical signal that tells the "lighter" to create a spark (like with my gas cooking stove when I turn the dial). I don't hear that spark?

airheatman :

Lennox manuals are a bit hard to get acces to as they try tp protect their dealers, si I havent been able to find manual yet. Usually the vent (inducer motor) starts, It has a small pencil sized rubber hose attached to a pressure switch .The inducer pulls a vacuum on that hose, which closes the pressure switch and sends signal to ignitor to kight.If you see the small hose, remove from the little motor, leave attached to pressure switchand while indi=ucer is on, suck on the hose and see if the pressure switch will close and allow ignitor to spark

airheatman :

I am unable to locate a manual on the furnace, so I am going to opt out and allow another expert to assist you.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

the spark ignitor control must be replaced. If the pilot has gas, the spark should happen by default.

Replace control.