Airheatman
Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Please help I have Bryant Pulse 90t Natural gaz furnace. Installed

Customer Question

Please help
I have Bryant Pulse 90t Natural gaz furnace. Installed October 26, 2004.
Few days ago I turned the furnace on. It worked. This morning I noticed
that the furnace was silent.
Checked fuse and thermostat everything looks OK.
Blower does not work. Manually it can be rotated with ease. There must be
electronic control that is defective.
Can you suggest what I could do? What is the cost of the control board?
Can it be installed by the owner who has no problems with using small tools?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 years ago.

Customer:

If you turn the thermostat to FAN ON, does the blower come on?

Customer :

Moment please

Customer:

Ok

Customer :

No, fan is silent

Customer:

Do see any lights on the control board when looking through ins[pection window on bottom panel?

Customer :

Please explain a bit more. I have removed a front cover. Where do I look to see ?

Customer :

I need to go down to the furnace and check. Do you have any picture to help me where to find place where ;ight should be?

Customer :

Ok I found the little round window. I see no lights inside.

Customer:

Can you get me a model on the furnace? 90+ is the series. Usually there is a control board in the blower compartment.Will normally have an LED light on the board to indicate power is present

Customer :

OK please just few minutes.

Customer:

Have any electrical breakers been turned off

Customer :

I am back from the basement. Breakers are OK. Furnace is on breaker 15. It is not off.

Customer:

Do you have a voltmeter to check voltage to the furnace?

Customer :

Serial number unfortunately I am not able to find it. Inside of the front furnace cover arre stickers with electrical diagrams and installation diagrams but I see no serial number. I know that it is BRYANT Pulse 90t High Efficiency 2 stage furnace.

Customer :

I have a voltmeter.

Customer:

Can you first verify that we have 120 volts going to the control board betwen L1 and Neutral

Customer :

What is important to consider is that When I turned on the furnace the usual ways: 1) main Furnace switch in the ON position.

Lets verify we are getting power to the furnace, then we can start diagnosing why not coming on

This is what I found on the furnace :

LED Status Code

CONTINUOUS OFF - Check for 115VAC at L1 & L2, & 24VAC at SEC-1 & SEC-2.

CONTINUOUS ON - Control has 24VAC power.

RAPID FLASHING - Line voltage (115VAC) polarity reversed. If twinned,

refer to twinning kit instructions.

This indiactes we do not have power to the control board if you do not have an LED light on

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry your answer was not helpful at all.

After reading your instructions to give you serial number of the furnace
I knew that you were lost.

Decided to call the furnace repair heating technician locally.

It took him over an hour to solve the problem. About 40 minutes into it,
he decided to replace a thermostat and furnace started working.

Best wishes

I am happy you got your furnace working.As you can see from the amount of time it took the tech to locate the problem., troubleshooting is step by step process.The request for your model number is so I can pull a manual and give you accurate instructions relative to your specific furnace.We at JustAnswer do our best to provide you with accurate information and answers. THanks for allowing me to assist you.