Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

old gaffers & sattler forced air furnace s80 fdf help

Have a rather old gaffers & sattler forced air furnace model no: s80 fdf It's a gas heater it's running but I dont know where the pilot is to light it. There is a red button but that doesnt do anything! Help please! It's running regular air no heat....
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! If you follow the gas line into the unit, it will come to a gas valve. If this doesn't have what's known as a gas train (individual components), the gas valve will have silver colored aluminum tubing coming off the valve and going in by the burners. This is where you will find the pilot. If you can upload some pictures here, it would be helpful.