Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

Hi there,I have a Majestic Gas Fireplace Stove # XXXXX

Hi there, I have a Majestic Gas Fireplace Stove # XXXXX The Blower is making high squealing noises and just keeps going/spinning and won't shut off even when the fireplace is completely cool so i have to unplug it to make it stop. Does it need to be replaced or oiled? Does the stove need a blower or can it be disconnected so i can get some heat into my home as it is my only source for heat? Also the on off switch needs to be jiggled in order for the ignition of the fire to start

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! You can run the fireplace without the blower. It is only an accessory to move more heat into the room. When these relatively inexpensive motors start squealing, they should be replaced. They are not designed for oiling. As far as the on-off switch, it sounds like it may be bad. These are easily purchased from your local Desa dealer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,

Okay great!

Do you have any idea where would i purchase a new blower from for a reasonable price and how do i disconnect it for the time being?

Is the installation of the new blower relatively straight forward to install?

And sorry for my ignorance but what exactly is a desa dealer? I googled it and it gave me no info

Thanks again!

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Here is a map of Desa fireplace dealers. You can pick your state and zip code and find the part you need. Really to disconnect the blower, just got underneath your fireplace and unplug it. It basically just "sits" underneath the fireplace and is easy to install. Once you find your local dealer, you can purchase the new blower from them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just looked under the fireplace and there is absolutely no plug to unplug the blower. It all looks hardwired?

Somewhat Sim. to this pic

The actual # XXXXX my Blower/motor is Em3030LH-85

Also i am in Canada so if you have any info on DESA dealers there that would be much appreciated

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
If it's hardwired (which is rare), there has to be some kind of switch or circuit breaker somewhere which would turn it off. Most of the ones I've seen are plugged in underneath where the gas valve is. Here is a replacement part for this.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I actually was able to unplug 2 prongs that connected the blower to the speed control box...thats the only thing i could unplug. I turned on the fireplace but all i could smell was burning dust/hair, i suppose thats what happen when there is no blower in operaton.

I assuming i do not need a fan blower kit, just the blower.... yes?

This is my fireplace/stove

I found this online/ebay for sale do you think this would be suitable?

The link you sent me only ships within the USA

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks again

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Looks like it will work fine to me. You can't beat the price! Yes, just a new blower is all you need.