Will
Will, Specialty Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  30 years, heating, cooling, rotating, electrical, mechanical system and device repair
4456095

The fan blower in my fireplace unit doesnt seem to be working...everything

Customer Question

The fan blower in my fireplace unit doesn't seem to be working...everything is plugged in and the knob seems to be working correctly but there is no airflow movement and/or sound indicating that the fan is operating like it did last fall/winter. Any suggestions would be helpful...Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Will :

Please allow me a few moments to review your question again.

Will :

Are you saying from the outlet to the motor you found the correct voltage at or near the motor?

JACUSTOMER-v7o7vs5p- :

yes, that's correct

Will :

So with voltage to the motor, and the motor does not operate there is problem with the motor, how many leads from the motor and are they accessible to measure the winding resistance and check the ohms to frame for ground fault?