airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a magic chef hot air furnace with a honeywell 24volt

Customer Question

I have a magic chef hot air furnace with a honeywell 24volt or 120/ 208/240 transformer, it is a hoeywell the furnace is an oil furnace and i have central air i need a schematic for the line voltage for the transformer, it mounts to a 4 inch box with 120 volts coming in, i have all the low voltage done, also i have wires comoing in from the fan and the limit, the control itself has a black and whit and then a rewd a brown and blue, the brown is wire n utted off as it was in the box, also the wires for the burner are coming as well, this honeywell control is referred to as a fan center relay
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 years ago.
Can you get model number of furnace please. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

model# XXXXX

serial#A05601LGB

Can not find schematic on that old of a furnace. I will opt for another expert. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just need the schematic for for the line voltage for the fan center relay it is a honeywell the new one, the old one is a white rogers R8239A
You can only get this by Google. Google Honeywell fan center and the first site has low voltage and high voltage wiring. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i cant seem to find any schematics What was the site adress I could not get there from your link?
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 years ago.

I would try this link ..Usually you will have a Red from fan center to your high speed blower(usually black from motor)That is your cooling speed if you have a/c..You will have a brown from fan center to the limit switch.Coming from the limit switch (when it closes) a wire to your low speed blower(usually red from motor)This is your heating speed.Then two blacks One from transformer and the other from fan center tied together going to Line voltage(Black) This feeds power to transformer and fan center.Then you will have white from transformer to Neutral (line in wires.) Check out figure 2 on page two. Let me know if link works.Hope this helps.

http://www.pexuniverse.com/docs/pdf/honeywell-fan-center-r8239-q633a-manual.pdf

If you are happy with answer, remember to click accept on my answer,otherwise I am not compnsated.Feedback and tips are greatly apprecated..Thanks for allowing me to assist you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ill try the combo of the schematic and your written datum, this is actually the same schematic i have, just the line voltage is kinda sketchy i will look closer and let you know status i am on my way now
If you have any problems get back with me. Russ
That is fine.if you can follow the wires in diagram 2 and read where I told you each goes ,should be a breeze.Your taped off blue is an unused blower lead.
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience: Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
a total schematic of the high voltage side would be great the burner is firing constantly not shutting off with the thermostat, must have it wired ti L1 or somthing, the commons are all good, brown was wired nutted off on the old control
I cannot find a schematic for the Majic Chef specifically, but this link should show the voltage wiring on page 2 .Hope this helps