BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a rheem super quiet 80, the green light is blinking

I have a rheem super quiet 80, the green light is blinking twice, there is no water in the orange pressure switch line, and it is still not igniting, just making humming noise

M Oglesby :

It sounds like your inducer fan motor has gone bad.

M Oglesby :

The inducer fan motor is located inside the furnace behind the panel doors and is connected to the flue vent pipes and has a rubber hose attached to it that connects to a round pressure switch. It is the first thing that comes on when there is a call for heat.

M Oglesby :

It sounds like it is not coming on. That is the humming noise that you hear. You will have to have it replaced.

M Oglesby :

Please hit ACCEPT if you are satisfied with this service. thanks! Bonuses are greatly appreciated!

If this is the first time of the year it has tried to run you may just have to spin the motor with power off and free it. Also I have pulled birds and rodents out of the housing before. You can remove the assembly just to make sure it is clear.

It is worth doing these basic checks before changing the entire motor.

Billy

BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

Hi billyjr1961,

Below is the feedback JACUSTOMER-91jb8bmi- gave you on your recent HVAC question. If you haven't already done so, you can leave feedback for JACUSTOMER-91jb8bmi-.

Feedback Rating: Positive
Comments: you were right, it was first time turning on this year. i spun the rotor blades on the fan/motor and gave it a couple turns and it turned on
Question: I have a rheem super quiet 80, the green light is blinking

Terrific!

Thank you for the follow up. Sure beats a new motor!