Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

My Honeywell programmable thermostat says Low Bat. I changed

My Honeywell programmable thermostat says Low Bat. I changed the batteries, and turned the unit back on. It still says low bat and I cannot program it. It is not blowing cold air. It will run the fan.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Matthew replied 5 years ago.

Matthew :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

Take the front cover off the thermostat and look on the back of the cover and there should be a model number. It will start with T.

Customer:

Trying to get the cover off - is it just the front cover and not the whole thermostat?

Matthew :

most of the Honeywell have a front cover that pulls loose from the part that attaches directly to the wall and the model number is XXXXX the back of that cover.

Matthew :

if you can't find the model look through these links and see if you can spot which one is yours. right click the picture copy and past it back here.

Customer:

T8112 - thanks for the links

Matthew :

it says to remove batteries for one hour then try again. bottom of page 7 in the troubleshooting section.

Customer:

I'll give that a try. Thanks.