Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

My Totaline thermostat screen display went blank. I opened

Customer Question

My Totaline thermostat screen display went blank. I opened it up and saw that it has batteries, so I replaced the batteries. The screen now shows the temp, but the air conditioning will not start?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Matthew replied 5 years ago.

Matthew :

Hello, My name is Matthew and I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

You most likely do not have power at the furnace. This could be a blown fuse on the furnace control board (if your particular furnace has fuse protection), the high voltage breaker for the furnace is tripped, there is a loose wire somewhere, the cut off switch next tot he furnace is broken, the transformer in the furnace is blown, and countless other things.

Matthew :

If you have a voltage meter and some general knowledge on how to use it as well as have some general understanding of high and low voltage circuits you could possibly track down the root issue. If not then checking the breaker and checking for a small 3 or 5 amp fuse on your furnace control board is about all your going to be able to check.