Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Carrier 58mvp120-f 17120 blower wont run

Customer Question

Blower won't run on carrier 58mvp120-f 17120.....replaced both motor n module and fan still won't run. Board is still flashing code 41
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 years ago.
Are you still having problems. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I replaced blower motor and module still not working...the guy says the module will work 100% but it has no part number....motor part number is XXXXX n module came already on motor ....going to replace board cause that's the only other thing it could be..I tested board and I had proper voltages where I should.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What information do you need ?
If you replace module and motor board and wiring harness is the only thing left. Unless you have the proper instruments to test motor it is difficult to tell which component is bad. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I have the ecm variable speed tester for motor and mdule . The original. Motor # is motor is rmod52ae120. They say this is the new motor n part number and will 100% work .this points to one more part it could be....the board. I'm replacing board today so we will keep in touch

Thank you .. I will be here. Russ

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I replaced the board just last night but fan wont run and still flashing code 41 . I believe this motor and module wont work with this furnace even though they say it will. Its a carrier 58mvp-f-17120... new motor part number is hd52ae120 but the original. Is hd52re120 so I think this is the issue. With motor and module what do you think ? Possibly the wire harness (pl3) is different on new stuff but u am using the old one. The multi pin connector is the same but maybe wires are in different locations .

The motor number is correct. Just checked with Carrier parts. Motor and module are correct. Does motor try to start. Russ

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No it don't try to at least it don't seem to be the blade don't turn. And I do not hear anything as if were trying. I checked continuity of every wire on harness to check for a break but found nothing. I have 115v at module . I have serial output of 12vdc as well as the 5 dc
Jumper R to G on board does not bring on fan. Check the high voltage harness to make sure you have voltage to module. Russ
You can Ohm out the harness. You will have to remove to do it. Just ohm one wire at a time. Yoou do have 120 volt to module correct. Russ