Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Good Morning, I have a Laars Mascot (1.330 I think) boiler

Good Morning,
I have a Laars Mascot (1.330 I think) boiler that runs our hydronic floor heating system. This morning the floors were cold and the boiler was flashing between the temp. (19 degrees-c) and what looks like an error message E1...any Ideas?

Phil :

Hi,This is risky business, not responsible for damages on your end. We *keep going until *you are happy. I come and go. be patient

Phil :

Train service people are required to service those units... however there are a few things you do prior to that, that might save you a service call.

Phil :

the most common problem with those systems is the air or other gasses accumulate in the high points of the hot water piping.

Phil :

air vent valves are fitted at all of those high points for the purpose of bleeding that air out.

Phil :

find those valves.

Phil :

Turn off the boiler water pumps.

Phil :

operate the bleed valves.

Phil :

repeat a few times between running the pumps... until all air is out.

Phil :

Then lift the pressure relief valve floppy handle (fit to the boiler) and let any air in the boiler out.

Phil :

then stand next to the boiler, listening intently as you power it back on... tell me what you see and hear, we can go from there.

Phil :

Phil

Customer:

pHIL,

Customer:

Oh so never hit enter to move the cursor down. I removed the cover and looked at the interior plumbing, without opening the heat exchanger I could find no bleed valves on any of the plumbing that was exposed. I am reluctant to open up any of the interior areas of the unit so I called the fellow who did the installation about 3 years ago.Since I wright techenical instructions for a living I think this is best left to a trained technician.....Service call. Thank you again for your help.

You are welcome, watch what the technician does, ask for an explanation, these are recurrring issues with hydronic systems.. you need the skill set. its not complex.

thanks for accepting, Phil