Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We had a power surge the other day and the thermostat is frozen .

We had a power surge the other day and the thermostat is "frozen". Our unit is not kicking on.... Is there a way to reboot?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 years ago.

Phil :

Hi,This is risky business, not responsible for damages on your end. We *keep going until *you are happy. I come and go. be patient

Phil :

You may have blown a fuse on the printed circuit board .. its a 3 to 5 amp fuse, automotive type on the card.

Phil :

Look for that... then find where the wires from the thermostat land in the furnace or inside air handler... a red, white, yellow and green.. small wires.. verify they come from the thermostat.. then jumper red to green and tell me if the fan runs or not.

Phil :

We can go from there, Phil

Okay, thanks... I think it is time for me to call a technician to come out. I don't feel comfortable doing that...