Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a Lifebreath 155MAX which has stopped working. I have

Customer Question

I have a Lifebreath 155MAX which has stopped working. I have unplugged it and waited, then plugged it back in. It appears to go through the self test cycle, as I hear it run through the 5 speeds, and it also cycles the damper servo.

If I look at the ControlAir 15 controller, the botXXXXX XXXXXght was flashing alternating between red and green during the self test, then all lights go off. Nothing happens if I press the switch

If I try to activate the unit from the DET control, the 20 min LED will flash briefly when I release the control button, but it does not activate the unit.

What could be wrong?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! If all dampers operate freely and fan motors are OK, this would point to a bad microprocessor control. See here for more information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I thought I would try this once more before calling for service.

I unplugged the unit, making sure that it was unplugged for well over 30 seconds.

After it cycled through the POST, I pressed and held the fan speed selector for at least 5 seconds and the unit turned on and is now controlled by the humidistat and DET controls. It now appears to be fully functional.

So you need to make sure that owners are aware of the 5 second press and hold requirement. I may not have held it log enough before.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 years ago.
OK, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you had already gone that route.