Heath
Heath, HVAC Technician
Experience:  11 yrs. comm.resid. service, Type III Cert.
29994690

Have a RUUD silhouette ii gas furnace. It will not ignite.

Customer Question

Have a RUUD silhouette ii gas furnace. It will not ignite. Have a good gas supply going to it, the exaust blower starts up, after about 30 sec the gas valve clicks and the igniter starts sparking but no ignition. I repeated the start-up process many time to make sure the gas line was bled, but to no avail---still no flame.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath replied 5 years ago.

Heath :

Hello my name is Heath it will be my pleasure to assist you. Try using a long lighter like a candle lighter near where the spark is to get the pilot to light if it still doesn't light then you may have a problem with the gas valve. If the pilot lights then you have a problem with the ignitor.

Customer :

Sorry about not being here yesterday, lost internet connection so never got answer to me. My neighbors brother (who knows HVAC) happened by and told me the circuit board was burnt up on different circuits and no good. Thank you for your time.

Heath :

You are very welcome.

Heath :

If I helped you in any way could you please hit the accept button so I can get paid for my time.