N4IEA, NATE Certified; HVAC Technician
Experience:  Retired, HVAC / Electrical Technician / Contractor 35-years Experience.

My Lux heater/AC model 1500 is not working. When I turn

Customer Question

My Lux heater/AC model 1500 is not working.

When I turn it on, it does not do anything.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  N4IEA replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name is Lew and I will assist You with this question,

You are describing a condition that suggests you have no power to the thermostat.

This could likely be the result of a safety overflow float switch. (meaning you have water standing in the overflow pan or the condensate pump is unplugged, stopped-up, it's outlet has no power, pump has a safety switch inside for overflow and it has opened to prevent water from making a mess at the unit. If water is present...remove it and clean the drain pipe and drain pan. If no water...follow the steps below.

1st, be absolutely sure the battery polarity is correct. (think you have already done this) then:

Locate the circuit breaker that serves the blower portion of the system (usually indoors depending on your unit type) and turn it to the off position, then back to On.

This will provide a reset a perhaps bring the stat back to life. If not, this will require a scheduled service visit to resolve. If the reset does bring back the display then something else is wrong that allowed this to happen and you will likely need a service visit anyway.

Thank you for your question and please ACCEPT/BONUS my answer and provide POSITIVE feedback for my efforts, as You see fit.

Best Luck to You, Regards, Lew

Expert:  N4IEA replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I see you read my post but did not ACCEPT my answer.

When this happens I feel that you were not satisfied with my answer or you have further questions.

Please ACCEPT my answer or post another question for me to assist you with as

our goal is to satisfy.

Thank You, Lew