gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Honeywell thermostat not working properly. Says wait.

my honeywell thermostat is not working properly and says wait on the screen AC is not coming on. Does it need to be reset? It is a touch screen and I have replaced batteries and adjusted it to manual and powered off the AC and turned it back on. Heat pump works fan/cooler/blower not coming on. Screen says wait which I have never seen before.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 years ago.

The wait is 5 minute time delay. Give it few minutes and get back to me if it is not working. I will also need model number of your thermostat.

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
I also noticed last night that it would come on and off (the cooling unit) while the heat pump was still running outside seemed like it was cutting off. It is a Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat there is not model number on it will look behind faceplate too see.

There is a bar code behind the faceplate but nowhere is there a model name or number barcode no is 32003725-003

Could the thermostat just be defective? It's still only activating heat pump.

gotoman for ac :
What is make and model number inside equipment. May be a fan board problem.

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
7-Day Programmable Thermostat - RTH7600D

gotoman for ac :
I sorry I mean the air handler.

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
The air handler is the internal unit right not the Trane on the exterior of the house?

gotoman for ac :
Yes air handler is on inside

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
air handling unit model#TWE060P13FBO Air handling unit serial no 3051me12v

I have a 10 year warranty on compressor as all was installed in 2003

gotoman for ac :
Turn fan to on position and see if it runs.

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
it does not. no go in on position

gotoman for ac :
I am a Trane Service Manager. We will do one step at a time. Open blower door and feel motor to see if it is hot. Also inspect the capacitor(small silver cannister on the blower housing).

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
this is the exterior trane unit or the interior air handler

gotoman for ac :
Interior unit top panel.

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
It sounds like I need a service call wouldn't you say. I am in Florida and my air handler is in the attic. Went up there yesterday and it was hotter than hell gotta bring in a ladder etc...old house. Even if I go up there we are just going to determine that it probably needs service right?

gotoman for ac :
To darn hot to get up there. The older I get the hotter the attics get. Better to call a service tech. But sounds like on of three things ,fan relay,capacitor or motor.

JACUSTOMER-061mqh53- :
Thank you for determining it is not the thermostat