BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

HVAC, anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2 stage cool/2 stage

HVAC, anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2 stage cool/2 stage heat heatpump thermostat W-R IF93-380?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

Page 3 here -

you will see heat first stage is W1 and 2nd stage is W2

Cool first stage is Y1 and second stage is Y2

Then you will see the other necessary terminals for R, G, O etc...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure it this will work for me. I have an economizer on the unit. During cooling I need two stages. Stage 1 to the economizer. If OD temp is low enough the dampers will open. Stage two kicks on the compressor. On heat, B turns on the reversing valve. First stage of heat energizes the compressor and W2 brings in strip heater as needed. I guess I could jump W1 and compressor terminal (down stream from economizer call).
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

Doesnt your economizer have an enthalpy control that Y1 runs through? Then at a given set changes from free cooling to mechanical. An economizer will not be considered a stage because it then switches itself to mechanical on its own.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not so. The economizer will adjust the mix air to 55 when the fan circuit is energized. If we go with an auto fan on first stage the economizer will hold off the compressor when Y1 is called and try to cool with outside air. If stage 2 is called Y2 will bring on the mechanical cooling with the economizer. I guess this stat doesn't provide Auto mode. I guess the "B" is energized when the stat is in heating selection only.
I go t the diagram I was looking for. Thanks for your help.
BTW. What is this "s3.pexsupply" site anyway?