Heath
Heath, HVAC Technician
Experience:  11 yrs. comm.resid. service, Type III Cert.
29994690

On my Beckett model 7505, how do I reset the furnace?

Customer Question

Beckett 7505. I think I need to reset this. The furnace is off ... no life. It was on this morning and plenty of oil.

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath replied 5 years ago.

Hello. If the tank ran out then you are going to have to bleed the fuel system. You will need a small empty can to catch fuel in that will fit under the bleeder screw on the right, a 3/8 box end wrench to loosen the bleeder screw. Hold the reset button down for 60 seconds and the gun should start. Loosen the bleeder screw till fuel and air start coming out. Let it bleed out till you have a full stream of fuel. If the furnace shuts off try and tighten the bleeder screw quickly so no air gets sucked back into the fuel system. Then reset the furnace by holding the button in again and bleed air out again. You may have to do it a few times till you get all the air out. Tightening the bleeder while the furnace is still running should get the furnace to fire up.

You may need to turn the power off then back on before holding the reset down.