Tom
Tom, HVAC Technician
Experience:  16+yrs HVAC/R service. Residential Commerical Industrial

I have a Munchkin Boiler with a fault code of F09. According

I have a Munchkin Boiler with a fault code of F09. According to the manual, the spark electrode is #7250P-058. The other probe is a #7250P-049. Are they the likely problems? They both have current going to them. The unit had been working fine until sometime last night. And where can I get these parts ASAP. It's cold here. Thanks.

Bob Eckert
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.

Tom :

Hi Bob...sorry you're having trouble..I'll do my best to help...

Tom :

Can you see spark through the sight glass?

Customer:

No, the glass is not clear so I can't see if there's spark.

Tom :

Ok...here is what I do sometimes...very important...TURN GAS OFF!! Then remove the spark ignitor from the burner plate... ground it to the burner plate with a wire (I have jumper wires with alligator clips)..then with GAS OFF.... try to run the boiler..see if you have spark..

Tom :

If you don't have spark..then then you have a bad ground,, too wide of spark gap... loose ignition wire connections or a bad spark module.

Customer:

We've got spark

Tom :

Ok..that's a good thing...are you on LP or Natural gas?

Customer:

natural

Tom :

Ok...you can replace the ignitor..(if you haven't)...... do you hear the gas valve click during the ignition cycle?

Tom :

Also..I believe you told me that you cleaned the flame sensor correct?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

just put it back and it started up and ignited. looks like all is good

Tom :

Great! Is there a green light on the 925 controller?

Customer:

Yes

Tom :

That is your 'proof of flame' indicator...

Tom :

Sounds like it must have been a crummy connection somewhere

Customer:

I can see the flame thru the window now too and the temp is rising rapidly

Tom :

Good deal...as I said...rarely do you have to actually replace the probes unless you damage the insulator removing it.

Customer:

Terrific. Thanks, Tom!

Tom :

I guess just double check all wire connections to make sure everything is tight and ground wires are tight.

Tom :

No problem....one of those...not sure what we did but it must have been a connection things!

Customer:

OK

Tom :

It happens more than you'd like to admit

Tom :

Thanks for the accept

Customer:

You

Customer:

You're welcome. It was worth my money to get your help - especially on a cold weekend. Bob

Tom :

Sorry I had the accept key disabled until we reached a solution....forgot to unlock it Bob...if you retry accept it should go throught. Thanks! Tom

Tom :

Old age getting to me I think!

Tom :

(your money is deposited into Justanswer account..I do not recieve credit until you accept)

Tom, HVAC Technician
Experience: 16+yrs HVAC/R service. Residential Commerical Industrial
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bob...sorry I missed you ...I forgot I had the ACCEPT ANSWER key disabled. I usually do that until we solve a problem. I forgot to unlock it so you accept did not go through.

You deposit remains on account with Justanswer until you accept at which time I'll recieve credit. If you can log back in and accept when you have time I'll appreciate it!

Sorry..my fault! Tom