BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

Thermostat P/N 0441 used to go blank now and then, as if getting

Customer Question

Thermostat P/N 0441 TOTALINE used to go blank now and then, as if getting no power. This time, it went blank, then on again, back and forth, but no response for heating! (We do not have air cond.!) If it can't be repaired, I'd like to replace it, but see now screw to take it off. How would I take it off? Wolfgang
Category: HVAC
Expert:  M Oglesby replied 5 years ago.

M Oglesby :

Hello I am here to assist you.

M Oglesby :

Have you removed the thermostat cover to check to see if it uses batteries?

M Oglesby :

If it does, change them out. It may have dead batteries.

M Oglesby :

Please hit ACCEPT if you are satisfied with this answer. If not, I will continue to assist you. Bonuses and positive feedback are very much appreciated!

JACUSTOMER-7mt7isrb- :

How do I remove the cover?

JACUSTOMER-7mt7isrb- :

I tried to remove it --- and removed the whole unit by accident. I suppose you didn't know that TOTALINE 0441 does not have any batteries....

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 5 years ago.

This is not a battery issue (obviously) it is the furnace running on limit or another safety which in turn cuts power to the thermostat. Then when cooled it magically gets power again.

Check the air filter first...the blower to make sure it runs consistently, and for any obstructions that could cause diminished air flow.

Check those things and let me know.