gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a nordyne(intertherm) central heat and air unit model

Customer Question

I have a nordyne(intertherm) central heat and air unit model number E2EH-015HA. My inside unit only works when the fan is on and not in auto. The outside compressor runs constantly. I have to shut on and off the breakers to have ac. I have no heating control. I have replaced the sequencers and thermostat. The unit apparently tried to freeze up last fall; so I shut it down. The outside unit was running when I came home and the inside unit was not. I also replaced the relay on the unit. I am still stuck in a rut. No AC or heat. I am open to suggestions.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 3 years ago.
Did you replace compressor contactor. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I didn't think about that. I just concentrated on the inside since it wasn't working.
Turn power off to inside unt and if the outside keeps runn ing contactor contacts are welded. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay. I am going to have to replace the contactor. I lightly broke it free. There were a few burnt areas on it. I still have the problem of the inside unit. The only way that I can get it to run is in fan and not auto. I am open to suggestions.

When you turn to cool does outside unit come on without fan. Rfuss

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. The outside unit runs without the fan when the switch at the inside unit is in auto.

Do you have terminal board on furnace with W Y R G C. Is the Y to thermostat connected to Y at terminal board. What is model number of thermostat. Russ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The terminal board behind the thermostat has W Y R G. There is an O/B terminal. Not a C terminal. I have a blue wire that wrapped up with electrical tape with the other wires, but it has never been used since I have owned the house. The thermostat is a Honeywell RTH221B.
Just pulled manual on thermostat. Do you have R to Rc jumpered. On back is the heat switch to HE. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I do not have a R to Rc jumpered on this thermostat. There is only a R terminal the heat switch is on HE. The heat doesn't come on either.
On the manual I have with thermastat rth221b it shows an RH and RC. They must be jumpered for correct operation. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll look to see what I am over looking in the instructions. Sorry about the delayed answers. I work graveyard shift.
No problem I m here for another three hours. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried a different thermostat I purchased prior to the Honeywell. It is a Filtrete 3M-22. I have gotten the samr results. The fan does not come on in auto, only in manual at the iside unit itself and the heat does not work at all.
Do you have a wirnig diagram for furnace. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I have it saved on my computer. I was just looking at it.
Grey common white heat correct, Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes.
At the furnace if you jumper R to W does heat come on. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looking at the diagram and the actual wiring, R goes to the transformer and W goes straight to sequencer. I jumped a wire between the wires but nothing happened.

Then the sequencer must be wired wiring or there is an open in the circuit. I know it is a small space. But check across sequencer for 24 volts. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. It may take me a little bit. I've got to get my meter to check it out. I'll try to give you a reply back this evening.

No problem I will be here till 9:00 ct. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I checked the circiuts at the sequencer. I found out that I had some of the wires wrong. They are in the correct places now. I do have heat now. The blower comes on with the heat too. I still have a problem with blower not coming on with the AC. I am open to any more suggestions that you may have. I firmly believe that I am close to a resoluton.
Good man you are close. JUmper between the two R terminals and set to HE. If you replaced rely check to make sure the G wire is wired to correct terninak at unit, Russ