Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

carrier chiller model 30GTN226 , what is the capacity in terms

carrier chiller model: 30GTN226 , what is the capacity in terms of ton of ref?
compressor model: 06EF299 610 what is the capacity?
how to get the capacity from Carrier models codes?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 years ago.

Phil :

Its probably 226 tons.

Phil :

Look this over and get back to me. Phil

Phil :

we can go from there.

JACUSTOMER-dcsqhwxu- :

what is the capacity and how we can identefy capacity from model number code of carrier for chillers and compressors

Phil :

Compressor capacities very with speed, refrigerant used, and type of compressor. It is very complex numbering system that changes with each type of unit, and also over the years... then once you have that the capacity on any specific machine can change 30% or so just on the type of refrigerant used.

Phil :

You could call carrier's commercial division and they might give you a specific nominal tons rating... but even then, that will vary plus or minus 20% or more on the refrigerant, head pressure and suction pressure variables you have on your very specific project

Phil :

the NOMINAL tonnage rating on the machine you have is 226 tons, the actual tonnage will vary depending on the refrigerant used, pumping rate, and approach temperatures on the chilled water coils

Phil :

I have 50 years in this business, with tens of millions of dollars worth of Carrier equipment involved.

Phil :

You have the best answer I am able to proved... you may accept or not, its up to you.