Bill P.
Bill P., HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  Oil / Gas / A/C / Hydronics
27612996

I have a Rheem Criterion11 rdgd-07eauer model where would the

I have a Rheem Criterion11 rdgd-07eauer model where would the red reset button be located?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Bill P. replied 5 years ago.

Bill P. :

Hi there, what kind of problem are you having?

Customer:

After 10 minutes of working, the gas shuts off even though the temp has not reached the thermostat setting.

Bill P. :

and the fan continues to run?\

Bill P. :

how is your air filter/

Customer:

yes the fan runs and it will start again, but only lasts a minute. It will repeat the process a couple of more times. The filter is good/clean.

Bill P. :

is this a condensing furnace? (does water drain out of it)

Customer:

There is a drain pipe connected to it. The manual troubleshooter says to clean the flame sensor. However, I do not know where the flame sensor is.

Bill P. :

usually the flame sensor affect it earlier in the cycle but it could be, and would be good to clean it anyway

Bill P. :

it is a steel rod stuck in the flame, with ONE wire going to it

Bill P. :

it can be removed and cleaned with steel wool or scotchbrite

Customer:

OK, I can find that now. I have heard there is a manual reset button. Is that true? Would that work?

Bill P. :

the only reset button on gas furnaces is usually the flame roll out switches, near the flame rail

Bill P. :

other than that not really, oil burners have manual resets, maybe thats what you have heard of?

Customer:

Could be.

Bill P. :

I would clean the flame sensor first, and also blow out all the condensate hoses

Bill P. :

(and the barb fittings the hoses connect too) if the condensat cannot drain fast enough it will turn the flame off as well

Customer:

Will do. Thanks

Bill P. :

you should have a trouble code on the control board, and then a code legend somewhere on one of the doors to tell you what the code means

Bill P. :

unless its an early electronic board, then it may not have a light

Bill P. :

Good luckj