Heath
Heath, HVAC Technician
Experience:  11 yrs. comm.resid. service, Type III Cert.
29994690

I have a code 33 on my Carrier furnace and I would like to

I have a code 33 on my Carrier furnace and I would like to know what the Flame Roll-out is and how to manually reset it. I would prefer to do this myself before calling in a technician.

Heath :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be my pleasure to assist you. The flame rollouts are usually located near the burner in the center of the rollout switch there is a small tab sticking out that is sometimes red pushing the red button in will reset the switch. There may be more than one rollout on the furnace so resetting all of them should get the furnace running again. Be sure and turn the power off and then reset the switches then turn the power back on and the switches should be reset.

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-xmb23jri- :

I have reset the switch manually, but after the furnace is turned back on, the blower motor starts, but the pilot light does not ignite, and I still get the code 33. Is there anything else I can try? It is only 16 degrees in the house.

Heath :

The furnace blower will come on in a prepurge cycle let it run through the prepurge after the power is turned off and then back on it does this.

Heath :

Look around to see if there is another switch somewhere check in the blower compartment up near where the blower connects to the furnace cabinet.

JACUSTOMER-xmb23jri- :

I have reset both switches and the prepurge has been ongoing for approximately 10 minutes with only cold air blowing through the vents. I am going to turning off the circuit breaker and then turning it on again. If this doesn't solve anything, will I have to get a technician in?

Heath :

You pressed the buttons in on the switches? If you use an unbent paperclip and disconnect the wires to the rollouts and use the paperclip to jup the two wires together. Do the switches one at a time until the furnace fires and you will find the switch thats not resetting when you press the button in firmly it should reset.

Heath :

Sorry it should say jump the wires not jup.

Heath :

If I helped you in any way could you please hit the accept button so I can get paid for my time.