Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

I have an intertherm ultraflex electric furnace (1987) The

I have an intertherm ultraflex electric furnace (1987) The blower does not come on automatically and I can hear the elements kicking in and out. The motor will run if I go and switch the fan on manually. Funny....this NEVER happens in summer!....when I don't use it ha ha.

Rick Mather :

Lower speed on blower motor is gone or the control board that controls heating speed is bad one or the other has happened

I guess these don't last forever and they do fail now and then. Is there some way I can test these to see which one may be pooched or should I swallow my pride and ask a local electrican to check it for me?

Rick Mather :

yes if low speed tap is energized then it would be motor problem

Well I guess I'ld better stick to cabinet making as that's what I've done for the past 30+ years. Thanks for the professional advice!...Accept!