Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18 years of experience, NATE Certified, Licensed HVAC Contractor, Certified IAQ Specialist

I have a Tappan 36 Gas Range and Self-Cleaning Oven that came

I have a Tappan 36" Gas Range and Self-Cleaning Oven that came with my home. It is well over 4 years old; I don't have easy access to the model or serial number. Tonight, for no apparent reason, the control panel started flashing an F1 code and beeping. Pressing the "Cancel" button clears the panel and stops the beeping. However, about every 3 minutes, the F1 codes flashes and the beeping starts again. The beeping is driving me batty. I can't move the appliance to unplug it so I've thrown the circuit breaker for that part of the kitchen to stop the noise. What does the F1 code mean and how do I silence the infernal beeping without disabling the electiricy for my kitchen?

Hello. Welcome to My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately the F1 code means "Electronic oven control failure." In short, this means you need a new board (aka EOC or Clock). Look inside the oven for a model #... you cab search on google for a replacement board or have an appliance repairman fix it for you. The other bad news is that you can't disable the beeping sound without turning off power to the oven or unplugging the board.