Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have a Rheem Imperial 90 Plus, and had it serviced in Dec,

I have a Rheem Imperial 90 Plus, and had it serviced in Dec, when the limit switch was replaced. Worked fine up until this morning, when the blower fan won't turn on. Sounds like the furnace is on though. When I switch the thermostat to "fan" the fan works.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! Could be either a bad blower motor or the circuit board that sens power to the blower. You didn't give me specifics on the model of your furnace, but does this furnace go through a fan-limit control (looks like this) or does it power the blower directly from the circuit board?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have no idea on how the circuit, etc works. I am a female senior citizen, not very knowledgeable about furnace mechanicisms. Acrually, it did this before the service company came in Dec, so perhaps I should get them back. I'm really bewildered (and cold). thanks.

I'm guessing that was the original problem---an issue with a bad blower or circuit board and because the blower wasn't working, it took out the high limit control. So really, this company treated the symptom without actually addressing the problem to begin with. I'd call them back out and make sure they do it under a service warranty!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They actually have a 1 year warranty on the work they did. I wonder if that would apply to the problem I am now having. Thanks so much for your help!
I would think so if they are a reliable and trustworthy company. Tell them that the Just Answer tech thinks the reason the high limit went out to begin with was blower issues (either the board or actual motor) and that now these symptoms are reappearing. Good luck!