Douglas
Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE
27672032

NEED THE MINIMUM CIRCUIT AMPS REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR CARRIER

NEED THE MINIMUM CIRCUIT AMPS REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR CARRIER MODEL:50HQD0487MN501DA. DO NOT HAVE A NAME PLATE FOR THIS UNIT. TRIED CARRIER & OTHER SEARCHES BUT WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

DOMINICK
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Douglas and I am here to help you resolve problems with your heating and cooling equipment.

This may require we know how may KW electric heat is installed. Was the electric heat factory installed or was it field installed when the unit was installed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unit is a heat pump no electric heaters installed.
Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
no auxilliary heat at all? Ok one moment

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks...

Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
Is that the geothermal one built by climatmaster for Carrier?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure only found the model serial number sticker in the controls section. only name found said carrier.
Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
this is a water source unit? Commercial?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes and yes. supplemental comfort cooling.
Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
do you have the serial number handy so I can get a rough idea of the age? I suspect its relatively new but the layout of the serial number may also tell me who made it for them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

0395V25583

I believe the unit was installed in 1982. I'm on hold with carrier. if I get the info i will let you know.

Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
ok...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
rep from carrier stated tech support was closed. open m - f. will contact them on mon. thanks anyway.
Expert:  Douglas replied 3 years ago.
The minimum is 22.7 and the max fuse size is 35.

Thats a 208/230 3 phase...

You want the spec sheets?

Click Here

Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience: Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I will except the answer. Really appreciate your time. Best Regards.