Shane D
Shane D, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC Technician, Author, Heat Exchanger expert. All brand heaters and air conditioners.
22766799

Have a Rheem Power Vent 2 41VRP50N. No hot water. LED blinks

Have a Rheem Power Vent 2 41VRP50N. No hot water. LED blinks four times and label says pressure switch is open. There was blockage in external vent outside due to drifting snow. I used hair dryer to melt all snow. I checked the pipe and I don;t see any more snow/ice. I turned off blower and on again, all i hear is water dripping. Blower did not turn on nor it ever was on during time of problem. LED flashing quickly which looks like is looking for heat. But at some point it goes back to blinking four times again.

sed350z :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

sed350z :

Take the pressure switch off of the unit and disconnect the tubing that connects the inducer motor and the pressure switch. Make sure you do not have water in the pressure switch, or the tubing. Also try to see if you can check the inducer motor for water build up as well...

JACUSTOMER-ds6f1366- :

can you send me website link that shows me where these things are on the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-ds6f1366- :

btw, there is dome water discharge, a few drips here and there from the drip valve. never saw this before

sed350z :

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/pdf/05328.pdf

sed350z :

try page 43, it shows the pressure switch assembly with the inducer motor

JACUSTOMER-ds6f1366- :

You were right. There was water in the blower motor. I took out the unit and poured it out completely and reassembled.