gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

My carrier infinity thermostat says System Malfunction with

My carrier infinity thermostat says System Malfunction with codes 13 and 33 in the history. Are these errors possible from having an dirty filter in for a few months?
Yes this fault could be caused by stopped up filters. Turn off power to system inside and out. This will reset faults. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I noticed inside the furnace there was a flashing yellow light. was trying to find what the sequence meant but I am sure it corresponds to the code 13 and 33.
The furnace will cycle several times on fault 33 high limit fault before going into hard lockout where you have to reset system. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I currently have both the thermostat off and the wall switch that control the furnace. I am assuming I should give it 10-15 mins to reset?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did this last night but only a quick off and on.
Just leave off for about 3 minutes. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
System off and filters replaced. Will report back in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if the filters were cheap ones in there is it possible the blower needs to be cleaned as well if some of the dust/hair/dirt got past the filter? i tried reset and thermostat still says system malfunction.
Check the rollout switches and limits for reset. Model number of furnace and thermostat would help thanks. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thermostat is SYSTXCCUID01-B Furnace is 58CVA/CVX. The code error is related the furnace and says when reset it will work properly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I have unit off when flipping rollout switch?
You can if you like. The rollouts have a small button in middle near burner. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If its the brown switch with 2 wires connected to it with a red button in the middle it did not reset when pushed in. Just not sure if thats the rollouts.
That is rol out switch. Check limit near vent for reset. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it possible the rollout switch is burnt out?

.If you see limit switch above burners. It will have two wires attached. Put these two wires together and retry furnace. Do not leave jumpered this is just a test. Russ

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was the Rollout switch. I had to get a local repair person to come fix as I could not locate the switch. It was tucked away on the back side. Said the cause was from leaving cheap filters in for too long a time especially with a house having dogs.