Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have a Goodman ar32-1 and the motor will not turn on, not

I have a Goodman ar32-1 and the motor will not turn on, not even in fan on mode, It sounds like relays are clicking on when I turn the unit on but I only get a light buzzing from the motor, the fan seems to turn freely.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help! I would try replacing the run capacitor first as this may be the problem. If this doesn't work, then you will most likely have to replace motor. Capacitors are only a couple of bucks and can be purchased at a local Graingers or Johnstone or online. You will need to get the information off the old one before ordering.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The system now goes on, the motor turns, but there is no heat coming on, I made no repairs except for replacing the filter.
Does the blower motor stay on constantly despite thermostat being in the fan (auto) position?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I first got it started, I turned the fan a little with my finger and the motor started working and it was blowing heat, then I shut it off with the thermostat to see if it will start up again and it did but it was not blowing any heat. I now tried to start it again and the motor will not start up.
OK, well it sounds like it may be a bad blower motor then. Check for 120 volts to the motor leads and if you have voltage, and new capacitor, you are probably going to need a new motor, then.