Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace is leaking water. How do I stop it I dont know

Customer Question

My furnace is leaking water. How do I stop it? I don't know if it is gas or electric.

It is a forced-air furnace and an air conditioner
combined.

Also, should I turn the furnace off until it is
repaired?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 years ago.

Phil :

Hi,This is risky business, not responsible for damages on your end. We *keep going until *you are happy. I come and go. be patient

Phil :

its most likely not a dangerous situation

Phil :

it is probably just a water leak at the condensate trap.. it needs to be fixed but for today wont do any significant damage if you put a pan under it to catch the leak

Phil :

Tell me what brand it is, and if the furnace is inside and the cooling part is outside.

Phil :

Meantime look to see if it has a 2" plastic vent tube, if it does follow that inside the furnace, you will see a P trap, with a drain line in the bottom, and some rubber collar connections. Look for leaks around there, tell me what you findw

Phil :

we go until all of your issues are resolved.

Phil :

I will be out for the evening shortly then back in the AM, just post your findings and I will respond when I get in tomorrow morning,\

Phil :

Phil

Customer :

I waited and waited and waited! I called a realtive about 11 p.m. He sent

Customer :

someone out this morning, Thursday. It was the humidifier. He repaired it in

Customer :

1 1/2 hr. It is not leaking. It is now 11 p.m. Thursday. You can keep the $15.00.

Customer :

However, I am canceling my account as of now.

Customer :

Thank you,

Customer :

Jennie Gaye

Phil :

Hello, we don't keep the money if you are not happy, thats how we work here.

Phil :

On the late issue. I respond when I'm not in bed sleeping, or eating dinner... that works for most people, if you need faster service you have the option on your screen to re list the question, that puts you on top the list for any available expert,

Phil :

However given that we come and go here to eat sleep and in my case handle a few hundred questions a day, response is not always instant if you are not on line and actively in the chat... we are unable to stand by. I think you can understand that

Customer :

It's not that I was not happy. I just wanted it repaired asap because water was running out steadily.

Phil :

Hello again, we cant of course do repairs on this end. we can only give our expert advice. Im glad you got someone to fix it.

Customer :

I understand that. I will leave it up to you to keep the 15.00. At any rate, please

Phil :

You can leave you money on account for a future question or request a refund of your deposit. and all of that is fine with us... our reputation is based on a great answer that the customer really likes, or no charge.

Customer :

cancel my subscription. Thank you.

Phil :

Id prefer you just leave it on account for a future question, it works out best all around that way. We like to keep our customers. Using JA is a learning curve.

Customer :

No, I don't want to leave any money on an account. This serviceman will

Phil :

I will submit a cancellation request.

Customer :

now repair anything I need.

Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial