gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

My furnace blower has been running constantly despite being

My furnace blower has been running constantly despite being set to auto, however the gas only kicks on intermittently stay on at best for 10 min atva time. It has been unusually cold and my home is in need of insulation improvement so I would expect the furnace to have trouble keeping up. However, I have watched the temp in my home decrease by 8 degrees. I have increased the set temp from 68 to 70 to 75, but no change in furnace activity and house is now holding at 62. I am trying to decide if I should get professional out here (it's a weekend rate) or if the furnace is acting normally and I just have a larger weatherization issue than I thought. This is as cold as it's been since I have been in this house.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 3 years ago.
Did you have this problem before you replaced thermostat. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Similar, but thermostat repaired issue until now. Old therm would just shut off causing furnace to not engage. New therm worked fine and home kept temp until last 24 hrs. Last 24 hrs outside temp has been at or near 0.

Lack of air flow will cause this problem check filter to see if dirty. Also look at diagnostic light when fan is running and furnace is not on. It should flash a fault code . The LED on the furnace board is where light is located. Count flashes and let meknow. Russ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Filter was dirty. Changed filter. Diagnostic light flashing yellow when blower is on, but holds steady at yellow when gas kicks on.
Is fan still running all the time. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. but gas has stayed lit since filter change. Air coming from register is warmer insistently and blowing much better. What does flashing yellow mean? Nothing in furnace manual. Thanks. Neil
Flame has been sensed normal run. Let it run thru a cycle and see if fan still runs all the time. If you had a fault code I would say limit switch but it may be furnace board. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Russ, thank you we will see. Gas still has not shut off and it is herrings slowly warmer in here. Going to feel like an idiot if cause was simply dirty filter.

What does "it may be furnace board mean?"

Thanks, Neil
The fan relay for the fan is on the furnace igniter board. Russ
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC