Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

Goodman model #PGB024075-1 heater blower not blowing air. Is

Goodman model #PGB024075-1 heater blower not blowing air. Is there a fuse I can change or is it the relay switch, or blower? When I turn the heating off and turn the thermostat from auto to fan , nothing happens.

Matthew :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you today.

Matthew :

There is a 3 or 5 amp fuse on the furnace control board yes.

Matthew :

if it still doesn't come on then try jumping G and R at the furnace control board. If it still doesn't come on then the relay is bad.

JACUSTOMER-pec4b0tm- :

Is the relay in the contactor?

Matthew :

the relay is built into the circuit board

Matthew :

If the furnace burners come on and then the blower never comes on it could be that the blower motor itself is bad or the capacitor.

Matthew :

This is the capacitor

Matthew :

Full Size Image

Matthew :

This gives the blower motor a boost to get going so if it is bad the blower will never start up.

Matthew :

In order to know if it is the relay in the circuit board, the capacitor, or the motor itself you would need a multi meter.

Matthew :

If there is voltage leaving the blower heat speed terminal when the blower should be coming on after the burners ignite then it's either the capacitor or the motor. If there is no voltage leaving the board then it's the board. If there is voltage leaving the board then you would have to test the capacitor which you would need an MFD setting on your multi meter to do. These capacitors are sometimes obvious when they are bad it will be all bulged up and swollen. If the motor can't be spun freely by hand and is seized up then the motor is obviously bad.

JACUSTOMER-pec4b0tm- :

well, after pulling of f the contactor and putting it back on , the fan started working , after that is , I used a wire and jumped the R and G on thermostat. so , I happy.