gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a Trane model TWE036C140B0 furnace/ac. We run the blower

I have a Trane model TWE036C140B0 furnace/ac. We run the blower all the time to cut down on drafty areas in our house. the fan keeps starting and stopping on it's own. At times it sounds like a relay is kicking in and out. What part could make the fan do this when it's supposed to be on all the time. It also doesn't do it continuosly, but seems to have fits every couple of hours or so.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
Open blower door and look at fan relay . You will see a time delay relay attached to the fan relay. That is the problem. You can remove the time delay by just turning off power and it will slip off contacts. Reattach the Blue and green and remove the red from relay and tape off. Trane does not use time delay relays anymore. Russ
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are 2 blue wires 2 sets of red wires (1 is a double) white wire and green. I removed the 1 red wire and the unit would not run at all. Not sure what to do at this point.

You should have a fan relay with a circuit board attached to terminals. Do you see this. Russ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes. the relay is this number if that helps RLY02807

Remove the ciruit board and and reattach blue wires and green. The red wire should be a double wire with 1 spade just remove and tape off. Russ

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Got it. Seems to be working good. Thank you for your help
No problem. Hope I was of service. Russ