Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

Have Robertshaw-Grayson 7200ERCS-1 -- Gas valve is in off positi&

Customer Question

Have Robertshaw-Grayson 7200ERCS-1 -- Gas valve is in off position and you still smell gas. Checked all 1/2 in pipe for leaks, found none. Turn 1/2 in pipe valve to off position and smell no gas. Immediately turn on 1/2 in pipe gas valve and smell gas again. Would the 7200ERCS-1 be leaking by?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 5 years ago.
I recommend doing a leak est on the valve itself. You can call your local gas company. they should come and test it at no cost to you. If the valve is leaking you will need to replace it. there is no maintainence that you can do to the inner workings of the valve itself. Hopefully the gas company finds something else that is fixable.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been a UA Pipe Fitter myself for 24 years and I know how to check a gas line. Unfortunately your answer does not solve my problem or answer my question in regards XXXXX XXXXX Robertshaw-Grayson 7200ERCS-1 in my mother's home. I wish you could have given me a better answer if you were a UA member. You reply is not worth the $12.00 to me.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 5 years ago.

I could care less about my share ($6) since you choose to attack me like that. If you could read you would see I said to check leaks on the valve itself, since apparently you know how to do that. Let me simplify the answer for you pipe fitter!

Gas line no leak. good! check valve, still leak, not good.

ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION: Yes the gas valve can leak! Must replace cannot fix yourself!

Or in simpler terms to answer your direct question: YES, can it get any better?

What do you want for $12

Check my profile, I've taken my profession to the highest level and won, YOU?