gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a Trane heat pump with a CNT01923 defrost control board

I have a Trane heat pump with a CNT01923 defrost control board that is not working. I ordered an upgraded board CNT05001 that replaces CNT01923. The board did not come with any upgrade instructions or wiring diagram and the board connector are different than those on CNT01923. Is there an upgrade document or procedure for this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 years ago.
The pictures I pulled up are the same. What wires are you having trouble with on board. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not having trouble with particular wires, just the new look of the CNT05001 board versus the CNT01923 board. I have the CNT05001 board in front of me, but the CNT01923 board is on the heat pump at my mother's house. From my memory, I think my issues were around the P1 and P2 connectors on the CNT05001 board. Do you have the wiring diagrams/schematics for each board? Are there differences that would require me to modify the original wiring/connectors on the heat pump to connect to the new CNT05001 board?

I just pulled a board out of stock it goes back the same way. Do not see any changes. Do not have diagram with paper work. Just test procedures.Russ

Edited by gotoman for ac on 12/31/2010 at 1:18 AM EST