Tom, HVAC Technician
Experience:  16+yrs HVAC/R service. Residential Commerical Industrial

I have a 150,000 btu Reddy heater Kerosene. I filled it with

I have a 150,000 btu Reddy heater Kerosene. I filled it with Kerosene. When I turn it on it takes a little while to start, runs for a little while and then shuts off. I cleaned the filter already. What else can I try?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.

Tom :

Hi, sorry you're having trouble....the most common problems I've seen with these is contaminated fuel,,worn spray nozzle or a clogged fuel inlet. If the nozzle is worn the fuel doesn't atomize properly and doesn't burn clean enough to keep the unit lit. Depending on the may have a photo cell to monitor the flame. You can try cleaning it. Here is a link to a couple of websites...they can tell you more in a few minutes than I can explain on this venue. It's very detailed and this is where I go for troubleshooting reference. I hope this helps.