gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I have a Bryant Plus 90, model #398AAV060120. It wont cycle

I have a Bryant Plus 90, model #398AAV060120. It won't cycle on. I can get a heat cycle to go by manually turning the circuit box switch on the outside of the furnace off and on. The LED light is not lit up. I put in a digital thermostat 10 months ago. I replaced the batteries just to eliminate that from consideration. Is there a way to get the cycle to run longer to get me through the night till I can get a service guy in?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 5 years ago.
Turn fan to on position at thermostat and retry furnace. Rfuss
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is currently in a heating cycle that I initiated with the circuit switch. SHould I turn the fan to on during the cycle or wait until it finishes and then flip the circuit switch off - on?
Turn the fan to on position and let furnace run to heat house. See if it will cycle back on and run. No light on board means board problem. Russ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will the heat run as long as the fan is turned on? Or does it only heat for so long and then blow unheated air?
Just trying to make sure it is not another problem. Trying to get you by till you can get service tech. The fan will run and heat will cycle and it will blow a little cool air but will keep temp. Russ